Список форумов www.decor-online.ru www.decor-online.ru
Форум магазина лепного декора

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 

Stucco moisture problems

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов www.decor-online.ru -> Форум покупателей лепного декора.
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
MichaelSmith

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Июн 08, 2018 3:15 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Stucco moisture problems Ответить с цитатой

Hello,

I am a 36 year old ready to upsize from my starter townhouse into a long term house. I have found a house my wife and I are very interested in. It was built in 1999 by the current owners. The exterior of the house is fiber siding on the sides and back with a combination of traditional stucco and brick on the front. Knowing the potential moisture issue with stucco (living in Minnesota), we insisted on a moisture test as part of our inspection. We hired a reputable moisture testing company and there were several areas that had high levels (> 20% saturation) of moisture. There were also deficits with the drainage and flashing on the roof, which likely have contributed to this problem. We are now getting estimates by stucco contractors to the extent of the problem and possible solutions. The repair options generally would be a partial patch job (remove problem areas of stucco, fix any underlying rotting wood, etc, seal/caulk the windows, improve the flashing/drainage on the roof). This is likely in the $10K to $20K range. The complete repair job would be removing all the stucco, replacing it with siding, and address the roof issues; likely at least double the partial repair cost. Needless to say, we will likely back out of our purchase agreement because of this finding and leave it up to the current owners to sort through and pay for. I would be interested in hearing other's experience with stucco repair projects and stories. Has anyone been satisfied with the partial repair job? And what have the costs been for complete repair jobs? Any thoughts on screening for a good contractor?

Please help

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:
https://www.bogleheads.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=109553
Creative video services

Thank you
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов www.decor-online.ru -> Форум покупателей лепного декора. Часовой пояс: GMT + 3
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: